Sunday 22 July 2018

QUANTUM MYSTERIES

Trying to take my mind off my torturous existence, thanks physics and chemistry, I try to look up news articles on Flipboard.

Every now and then I read something that makes me think and sometimes reminds me of things I used to think about.

The article linked below in Forbes did both of those things.

I thought back to watching Cosmos hosted by Carl Sagan and when he stated that there was nothing in space to connect us to the planets. He was rubbishing Astrology, which I agreed with, but I wasn't so sure that there was nothing connecting us.

Gravity is still not fully understood today and yet it holds that accolade of being the original or one of the original things thought about in science. Well at things like .. alchemy and such and the stars themselves of course. Oh Good God I hope no flat-earthers ever find this blog?!

From a child when I first wondered how gravity worked I was mystified. Yes I read a lot of books and watched almost every documentary going but I'd never come across a convincing answer.

How do two things have an affect on each other if there is nothing in space?

Oh you can put towards diagrams and drawings and show the fabric of space being warped and acting like a roulette table. But that 'fabric' had to be there.

So for years I hoped they would figure out this answer one day. But it continued for a long time and still kind does.

Then the whole quantum theory thing popped up but remained under my radar for a long, long time. When I did come across it out seemed kinda .. well .. alien. Sorry, lol. Eventually I started to get it but I wanted to understand it completely. Then I discovered that no one gets it completely. Weird. The whole thing is just .. wonderfully weird.

Talk was about the quantum realm being possibly responsible for gravity and this made a lot of sense.
Then they started talking even if the human soul possibly existing and having something to do with the quantum realm? Well in a weird way this kind of made sense to. Only in as far as the meaning of life being the oldest question and have been answered not made sense of thus far. Maybe the answers are here?

I wouldn't be surprised to find that to exist as quantum .. beings, for want of a better world, you would need a black hole.

I digress.

So today I stumble across this article that states that someone .. somewhere did a thought experiment and that it asks why we need quantum mechanics for gravity.

Maybe I might be around long enough to see this age old question finally get answered?

Now I'm thinking of all the things discovered and theories proved that Einstein, Sagan and Patrick Moore never got to see. Added to that list now sadly is Stephen Hawking.

Thought Experiment Shows Why We Need Quantum Gravity http://flip.it/QCFioe

No comments:

Post a Comment